Thursday, April 1, 2010


Wow... Time flies!

Here we are at the beginning of April. I have been busy working on my website, turning over rocks, hoping for the best in this new economy.

Meanwhile I wanted to post some photos from the Pioneer Crossing bridge move I worked on. Who thinks of this stuff? Moving bridge spans on multi wheeled platforms? It's very cool stuff. And for a kid who grew up in a teeny little mining town it is awesome. I have always liked to watch heavy equipment doing its thing; what kid doesn't? And this is some big stuff! These spans way 400,000,000 pounds! Thats right 400 million pounds! And they moved two of them last fall, and will move two more late spring. It takes 12-20 hours to move one of these beasts. I shot stills and shot time lapse video form three locations. It was a blast. I was able to reduce the move time to 5 min on HD Video. It looks so cool! Here are a few pics. Really hoping to do some more industrial stuff. It brings out the little kid in me!





























No comments:

Post a Comment